System & Network Administrator
System & Network Administrator
We are Vimaan, an early-stage Silicon Valley start-up. We are enabling a paradigm shift in the way robots; cloud and the SaaS platform are leveraged in commercial applications. Our proprietary robotics solution enables full autonomy and scalability. Our IaaS/SaaS model, generates rich, actionable data for our commercial and enterprise customers. Our target markets extend across a vast swath of commercial applications—with an initial focus on warehouse inventory management. Our founders have a track record of founding multiple companies. We are still in stealth, but we’re funded by blue chip investors, and have a dynamite team in both US and India. This is a great opportunity to be an early member of the Vimaan to build, deploy and scale the platform.
As a network and system administrator, you will be responsible for the deployment and support of the entire system and networking infrastructure for the edge. You will be responsible for the networking support of the entire networking devices router/firewall/switched and server infrastructure for the edge.
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of networking task, New networking device setup, configurations and L1 system administration at Vimaan.
Additionally, you will also work with multiple internal and external stakeholders on deployment, migrations, capacity planning &, operational aspects.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
• Deploy and support network infrastructure on the edge. This includes configuration and maintenance of the router/firewall/switches and server infrastructure on the edge.
• Deploy and support production infrastructure on the edge. This includes configuration and maintenance of the servers and network infrastructure on the edge.
• Identify and resolve Network related issues on the go among Vimaan, client and third party
• Identify and resolve and configure “On Premise devices” (physical network devices), networking tool, related issue on the go.
• Provide technical guidance to all the stakeholders about the edge infrastructure requirement, performance and bottleneck. This includes definition and execution of facility power requirements, infrastructure layout on the rack, cable management, physical equipment installation, network equipment configuration, testing and maintenance for the edge infrastructure.
• Partner with operations on successful deployment at customer site and track network infrastructure and server management metrics like availability, Uptime, Utilization, Capacity / load management, etc.
• Calculate and document the equipment power / space requirements and consumption at the edge. Create the specification for the network and system requirements for the warehouse operations SLA and work with the operations head and other stakeholders in facility bring up and maintenance. This includes ensuring data backup and processes and practices for recovery are in place.
• Troubleshoot the issues related to the network hardware, systems connectivity, user access setup/security and Vimaan’s software. This includes performing network maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and migrations.
• Deploy the alerting, monitoring and remediation of system and network performance issues.
• Leadership: Training field engineers and operators on basic troubleshooting, configuration and equipment setup.
• Budget management: Estimate, procure and track financial metrics for network infrastructure projects including vendor selection and managing equipment and labour costs.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
• Candidate must have Networking certifications (ccna/ccnp/juniper/N+/JNCIE).
• 3+ years of networking experience with testing, deploying, and supporting edge ( data centre ) and enterprise network infrastructure(physical) including VPN, applications and software services.
• Hands on experience in planning, installing, configuring, debugging and troubleshooting Network connectivity issue among premises. This includes managing and troubleshooting switching, routing, firewalls, LANs, WLANs, TCP/IP, VPNs, and VoIP.
• Hands on experience with OSPF/EIGRP/BGP/Access list,NAT/PAT,IPsec.
• Hands on experience VLAN/IP Subnetting/VPN setup/SNMP/NTP/wireshark/
• Experience coordinating and executing Network device installation and configuration.
• Demonstrate communication skills & experience working within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
• Experience with working on physical networking equipment and Back-up strategy for devices/configuration.