Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Vimaan India R&D Center
Vimaan Robotics is a privately held technology company, founded in 2017 and headquartered in Silicon Valley. Vimaan is driving a paradigm shift in the way computer vision is enabled and leveraged for inventory management in the supply chain and logistics industry. Vimaan’s proprietary SaaS based end-to-end solution provides comprehensive and real-time tracking of inventory movement and status within the warehouse; seamlessly integrates into existing legacy workflows and ecosystems; enables full autonomy and scalability; generates rich, actionable data for supply chain operators; and delivers dramatic monetary returns through cost savings and customer satisfaction improvement. In the physical goods industries that require significant investments to install and maintain modern supply chains, Vimaan’s solution will ultimately enable its customers to leverage bleeding edge technology solutions to compete with other fully integrated e-commerce players.
The company’s founders have a track record of founding and successfully exiting multiple companies. Vimaan is planning to soon emerge from stealth mode but has already raised $25M in venture capital from blue chip Silicon Valley investors and has engagements with multiple Fortune 500 customers. The company has over 50 employees in various locations in the US and one location in Bengaluru, India.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior/architect level candidate for our embedded firmware team. The ideal candidate should have had 8-10 years of rich experience in the embedded firmware domain. The ideal candidate will have been involved in the release of multiple firmware packages for different product lines. Ideally with camera interfaces. Be fanatical about testing.
- Work closely with internal and outsourced development teams to define, enable and implement embedded systems software for the companion computer.
- Develop firmware for various ARM based microprocessor based systems to support our embedded platform – specifically a companion computer module interfaced with multiple sensors, cameras and flight control system; wi-fi communications between the drone and a tethered platform; systems needed for autonomy on the drone and on tethered platforms that are used to control the drone; power management systems to optimize battery life, enhance safety and provide redundancy in functional safety of drones; and support test and metrology tool development for various R&D projects and for product development
- Interface on day-to-day basis with US team. Provide support to customers on an as needed basis.
- Implement and set guidelines for best practices of coding, repository management etc.
- Design methods to simulate and test systems in-house. Formulate test procedures at functional/module and system level.
- Closely collaborate with different teams viz – hardware, software, CV etc.
- You will be hands-on and function as a guide/mentor to other engineers/teams as and when required
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of technical experience in firmware development, including embedded software for ARM based processors, interface development, driver development, motor controllers, sensor, and camera interface development, on board memory and storage, power management, etc.
- Deeply hands on engineer, capable of writing code, debugging systems and solving problems in real time.
- Drone and camera experience is very highly valued. So would experience with platforms like Raspberry pi and NVIDIA Jetson families.
- Previous system/product design interfacing cameras (USB and MIPI) will be highly valued.
- Good knowledge of embedded coding practices.
- Proficiency in C, C++. Good experience working in Linux APIs.
- Experience in debugging device drivers.
- Exposure to CUDA would be a plus.
- Previous platforms worked would include – NVIDIA JETSON TX2, NANO, XAVIER AGX etc.
- Experience in board bring up including U-Boot, Linux Kernel, and device drivers.
- Prior experience in RoS (Robotics operating Systems) and Python would be a major plus.