Lead Electrical Engineer
Lead Electrical Engineer
Vimaan is looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to drive the development, implementation and market introduction of robots and other embedded systems products. The position will be based in San Jose, CA. We have multiple projects that need hands-on leadership – including design, integration and support of electrical and embedded systems with multiple sensors (sensors, cameras, batteries, motors, multiple interfaces, etc.) into compact packages; actuation mechanisms and motor control; battery charging schemes, digital and analog hardware, etc.
The candidate will be a part of the efforts to design, implement and run the electrical engineering capabilities that are necessary to enable operation and command/control. This will include an on board computer (integrated SoC), sensor integration, BMS and battery management, wireless radio implementation, communication and link management algorithms, user interface hardware integration, and finally, processing of data on board the computer to enable both data capture as well as control. The candidate will also be expected to play a lead role in troubleshooting problems in the field as well as improving the efficiency and reliability of the entire platform.
The candidate needs to be deeply hands-on and capable of self-guidance; must have experience with electrical design and simulation tools, and also experience with PCB hardware – specifically bring-up and troubleshooting. Prior experience with robotics and imaging / sensor systems is a plus. The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work within a team of mechanical, software and other architects and engineers.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting the team in architecting, designing, developing and assembling productizable electrical sub-systems.
- Productization of several concepts and engineering designs – including implementation, manufacturability, vendor qualification and cost management.
- Deep involvement in the platform integration – including the electrical and embedded system, final test, and system deployment and support.
- Close communication and interaction with various functions within the organization
- Ability to be deeply hands-on and take full ownership of projects
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years experience with similar products – especially with deep hands-on involvement and close co-development with a team of engineers
- Strong background in electrical PCB design, bring up and troubleshooting, as well as embedded firmware implementations and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with a heavy emphasis on electrical systems development and implementation, Solid grounding and performance required in basic engineering courses. Higher degrees, including Master’s preferred.
- Experience with electrical embedded systems, sensors or cameras or other robotics related functions is a huge plus.
- Highly motivated and passionate individual with a very strong work ethic, ability to work in a team and work independently under supervision and guidance.
- Good hands on skills with basic engineering functions such as assembly, harnesses and cabling, soldering, troubleshooting, etc.
- Extremely strong team player with proven ability to work and interface with engineers and other team members in a matrix management environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure startup environment and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
Vimaan is a privately held technology company, founded in 2017 and headquartered in Silicon Valley. Vimaan is driving a paradigm shift in the way computer vision is enabled and leveraged for inventory management in the supply chain and logistics industry. Vimaan’s proprietary suite of sensors, cameras, computer vision platform and software backend provide an end-to-end solution for comprehensive and real-time tracking of inventory within the warehouse. Vimaan has raised $25M in venture capital from blue chip Silicon Valley investors and has engagements with multiple Fortune 500 customers. The company has over 50 employees in various locations in the US and one location in Bengaluru, India.