Engineering Technician II
Agility Robotics is a pioneer. Our robot, Digit, is the first to be sold into workplaces across the globe. Our team is differentiated by its expertise in imagining, engineering, and delivering robots with advanced mobility, dexterity, intelligence, and efficiency -- robots specifically designed to work alongside people, in spaces built for people. Every day, we break through engineering challenges and invent new solutions and capabilities that will one day make robots commonplace and approachable. This work is our passion and our responsibility: our mission is to make businesses more productive and people’s lives more fulfilling.
About the Team
Our Engineering Support Group is looking for a talented technician to join the team. As a member of the Engineering Support Group you are responsible for being highly adaptable and cross-functional to support engineering activities across multiple departments within the company. We look for anyone who has demonstrated excellence, creativity and passion for their work and who enjoys collaborating with and supporting others.
About The Role
Engineering Technicians in this role will be part of the Systems, Integration & Test department reporting to the Engineering Support Manager. You will be tasked with being the Engineering Support point person in our Pittsburgh Lab working alongside Engineers from multiple disciplines and Departments as assigned; supporting the development and testing of products, prototypes, support equipment as well as test environments with an emphasis on Electro-mechanical systems. Engineering Support technicians are highly involved in the Debug and repair of internal Engineering fleet prototype robots and systems. We are a “can-do” team that goes above and beyond to answer the call assisting multiple groups to achieve company success. A person in this role will be required to travel sometimes on short notice as assigned.
If hired for this position your first 3 to 4 weeks will be at the Tangent Oregon facility for training. With additional required routine travel to the Oregon facility or elsewhere as needed to support company objectives.
About The Work
- Supports the assembly, Bring-up, testing and debug of new and existing components, products, prototypes
- May Design, Build and validate Test Set-ups to facilitate testing
- Execute test plans as directed by Engineering
- Document and report on issues found during tests and work closely with Engineering to address these.
- May Design, Build, Modify, diagnose, and repair PCBA’s and wire assemblies
- Assist in the diagnosis and documentation Failure Modes and Root causes
- May assist in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of cross-functional training, work instructions, best practices, and procedures to ensure consistency with customer needs, company goals, and industry best practices
- Become a subject matter expert on new products during the development cycle in order to provide hands-on technical assistance to other departments when requested, and to make recommendations on how to improve design robustness.
- Updates and maintains engineering documentation.
- Creates assembly, test procedures, and work instructions.
- Modifies test environments to support development initiatives.
- Provides technical support cross functionally across the company as needed often prioritizing and self managing projects to completion.
- Works with engineering personnel on various tasks to accomplish project goals
- Responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of the Pittsburgh Lab space.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Experience with: Electronics Prototyping, soldering, debug, Failure mode and root cause investigations of complex systems, critical thinking, works with limited documentation.
- Experience debugging highly dynamic robotic systems a plus
- Ability to communicate and document activities effectively.
- Ability to rework PCBA’s, wire assemblies, and other electrical devices
- Ability to read and understand PCBA schematics and wire assembly drawings, must also possess the ability to follow verbal instructions when little to no documentation exists.
- Experience with hand tools, power tools, diagnostic tools, and engineering lab equipment ( Power Supplies, DMM, O-Scopes,etc..)
- Experience and ability with general construction practices,methodologies and power tools is helpful for test environment modifications and design ● Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Ability to change gears sometimes daily from one task to another without losing focus.
- Understanding of engineering and reliability fundamentals.
- LINUX CLI skills and experience highly desirable
- Control panel DIN mount design and layout experience a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Software Suite ( Jira, confluence) is a plus.
- Team player, able to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and manage time effectively
- AS degree in Electronics Technology, Engineering Technology and 2 years or 4 years equivalent work experience in an engineering development environment.
- Positive and professional attitude with willingness to jump in and help in all situations
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 100% Company Paid Disability, Life, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (for AR employees)
- Employer Matched Retirement Plan
- Five Weeks of Paid Time Off Annually
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Relocation Assistance (for certain roles)
- Stock Options (for certain roles)
- A culture that encourages flexible work schedules
- A culture that embraces individuality and authenticity
Agility Robotics is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discriminatory practices, including harassment. Therefore, it is the policy of Agility Robotics to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Agility Robotics prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Apply Now: https://grnh.se/b444bbd04us